The Shop - See “Tour the Shop” Post. To zoom tap images, to mega zoom, tap-tap, tap.

Friday, March 15, 2019

Mini Tools

I made these tools over a 10-year period, one tool per year, in editions of 50+. They have brass wire hooks to hang as a Christmas ornament. Most were sold to members of my tool collecting society at $5 a pop. The proceeds were donated to the club to support operation costs. The non-tool ship was made to commerate the 400th anniversary of the Jamestown Colony, a big event in Virginia.
The bench vise, marking gauge and hand screw actually work. Saw blades are cut from old band saw blades. Threaded rod was obtained from a model airplane catalog. Beads for handles came from a crafts catalog. Brass strip from an online hardware store. Then there is fencing wire and finish nails. The thumb screw actually came from Lowes. After cutting all those small parts, I am happy to say I still have all of my fingers.

No comments:

Post a Comment